Vampires, werewolves, and zombies, oh my!
Writing a paranormal novel takes more than casting an alluring vampire or arming your hero with a magic wand. It takes an original idea, believable characters, a compelling plot, and surprising twists, not to mention great writing.
This helpful guide gives you everything you need to successfully introduce supernatural elements into any story without shattering the believability of your fictional world or falling victim to common cliches.
You’ll learn how to:
- Choose supernatural elements and decide what impact the supernatural will have on your fictional world
- Create engaging and relatable characters from supernatural protagonists and antagonists to supporting players (both human and non-human)
- Develop strong plots and complementary subplots
- Write believable fight scenes and flashbacks
- Create realistic dialogue
- And much more
Complete with tips for researching your novel and strategies for getting published, Writing the Paranormal Novel gives you everything you need to craft a novel where even the most unusual twist is not only possible – it’s believable.